Tuesday, June 20, 2006

An Apology to Senator John Kerry for Misinformation

I offered my apology to Senator Kerry following his appearance at Lt. Governor Charlie Fogarty's campaign headquarters’ grand opening last evening on Atwells Avenue.

During his speech espousing the merits of the Democratic party agenda at the state and national levels, Senator Kerry shared his support for Sheldon Whitehouse. Following Fogarty's speech, Senator Kerry had a chance to meet with me and I introduced myself as the primary opponent of Sheldon Whitehouse. Senator Kerry was visibly stunned to learn that Whitehouse had a challenger and stated, "I was told that Sheldon did not have a primary or an opponent." It had not been my intent to make him uncomfortable and I said to him On behalf of all Rhode Island's Democrats I am very sorry that you were led to believe this. It's simply not true.

Whitehouse was not at the event, but his wife Sandra attended. Makes you wonder who from the Whitehouse family is actually running for office. No word back on my written, hand delivered challenge to him for a series of debates prior to the September 12 primary. If you are a RI voter, give him a call 401-490-8683 or email sheldon@whitehouseforsenate.com, and let him know that a debate is important to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home