Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Would you connect with a $350/hr bird watcher?

In today's Providence Journal, reporter Scott McKay, a Whitehouse supporter, references Sheldon Whitehouse's effort to recondition his patrician "legacy" image to better connect with our working families.

Time to return to finishing school... there just aren’t too many folks who are going to say... "Yeah, that's the guy I want to have a beer with... he says he's bored earning $350 an hour peering into his binoculars looking out the window of his office earning more in two hours than over half the state's population takes home in a week."

Be who you are Sheldon. There's no shame in being born into privilege, but for God's sake don't act as if you'd invite me or most of my buds for a slice after the primary. I saw how you even dismissed Myrth after her righteous win. I don't have a membership to the Newport Yacht Club, the University Club and my kids go to public school. There's no separate trust fund and my family has known the pain of inadequate health care and social security protection.

I consider it a compliment that most of what you're now saying was long ago posted at my website. That is the sincerest form of flattery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home