Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Ingrid Ardaya: A Latina Maverick

I think Ingrid Ardaya, my deputy campaign manager and director of women’s and minority issues, is an excellent person with which to begin.

This soft-spoken and tireless immigrant from Bolivia and Johnston resident has every reason to be proud of her heritage and her life in America. She has been a single parent and role model for her two children for most of their lives. She is active in numerous civic organizations as a respected volunteer and board member with close ties with her community. These ties have led her to be a key advisor on past gubernatorial and congressional campaigns.

Ingrid’s humility, planning, people skills and efforts make me feel grounded and are irreplaceable. I am very, very fortunate to have her helping our campaign. I often try to remind her of this as do many who meet with us on our daily meetings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home